Thursday, 5 February 2009

Dress Up Like Your Favourite Song

You know that feeling you get when you tune in to your favourite song? Picture the scene... That one track that turns up on your ipod and has you shimmying and strutting like nobody's business. Well, let's take it a step further and fashion ourselves as our favourite songs. Here are a few of mine:

Nick Gilder ~ Hot Child in the City

Danger in the shape of somethin' wild
Stranger dressed in black, she's a hungry child
No one knows who she is or what her name is
I don't know where she came from or what her game is

Hot child in the city
Hot child in the city
Runnin' wild and lookin' pretty
Hot child in the city

So young to be loose and on her own
Young boys, they all want to take her home
She goes downtown, the boys all stop and stare
When she goes downtown, she walks like she just don't care, care

Hot child in the city
Hot child in the city
Runnin' wild and lookin' pretty
Hot child in the city

Come on down to my place, baby
We'll talk about love
Come on down to my place, woman
We'll make love!


Girl is on My Mind ~ The Black Keys
Listen Here!

Product Information

Girl is on my mind...
Try ignore, try to unwind,
but she is on my mind.

Eyes are in my eyes...
Where I've been, how time flies,
when she is in my eyes.

See her standing there...
She's gentle now, and takes great care.
See her standing there.

Hold me close to you...
Not one thing, that I would not do
if you hold me close to you.

Girl is on my mind...

I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor ~ Arctic Monkeys
Listen Here!
Product Information

Stop making the eyes at me,
I'll stop making the eyes at you.
What it is that surprises me is that I don't really want you to
And your shoulders are frozen (as cold as the night)
Oh, but you're an explosion but you're dynamite
Your name isn't Rio, but I don't care for sand
Lighting the fuse might result in a bang with a bang-go

I said I bet that you look good on the dance floor
I don't know if you're looking for romance or...
Don't know what you're looking for
Well I bet that you look good on the dance floor
Dancing to electro-pop like a robot from 1984
from 1984!

I wish you'd stop ignoring me because you're sending me to despair,
Without a sound yeah you're calling me and I don't think it's very fair
That your shoulders are frozen (as cold as the night)
Oh, but you're an explosion (You're dynamite)
Your name isn't Rio but I don't care for sand
Lighting the fuse might result in a bang with a bang-go

Oh, there ain't no love, no Montagues or Capulets
Are just banging tunes and DJ sets and...
Dirty dance floors, and dreams of naughtiness!

And a guest addition from my sister Alice...

Rosie ~ Joan Armatrading
Listen Here!

Product Information

(NOTE: I'm pretty sure this song is about a transvestite, but hey, why let technicalities spoil our fun!)

He has little red feet
His stockin's in his shoes
Lipstick and rouge on his face
He has his hair piled high
Has a red umbrella
And carries his head in the sky

And I said "Awe Rosie, don't you do that to the boys
Don't you come on so willing
Don't you come on so strong
It can be so chillin'
When you act so willin'
And your warmth sets like the sun"

He has a little baby brother
A big fat mama
His sister asks for dimes on the street
He doesn't feel it's a cover
In fact he knows
For sure he can please

I said he's out there right now
Running with the devil
Struttin' down the alley ways
With the nervous young hopeful
At his heel
And know his satisfaction won't drive him away

And I said "Awe Rosie, don't you do that to the boys
Don't you come on so willing
Don't you come on so strong
It can be so chillin'
When you act so willin'
And your warmth sets like the sun"

He's not looking for a friend
He's not looking for a lover
There in the crowded bar
He has rings on his fingers
He's there to tease
You know he only wants to take things too far

What song would you dress for? Why not design one over at Polyvore and link us up? I could even feature the best ones in the Saturday Salute... Have fun!






Like what you've found here at Charade? Then please
subscribe , follow me on bloglovin' or bookmark me easily by clicking one of the options in the drop-down menu below. Your support is very much appreciated

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=6356209 Black and Gold by Sam sparro
from sarah salad xxx

Sarah Von said...

So damn genius Megan! I love every inch of it!

Post a Comment