Saturday, 3 October 2009

The Saturday Salute 03.10.09

Image thanks to glitter feet

Hello beautiful people (yes, that means you!) Here's a bumper dose of succulent salutage for your clicking pleasure after a no-show last week.

(WARNING: A LARGE PROPORTION OF THESE LINKS ARE COMPLETELY FRIVOLOUS)

Oh, Polly Farthing Vintage, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

Let's Eat. Drink. Chic. Or even make A Beautiful Mess. Then, top it off with Here's lookin at me kid.

Crafty people looking for inspiration, take notes from Tizzalicious.

Who's The Boss of You?

Did you know that Everyday is a Holiday?

Get The History of Hooping (Yes. Hula Hooping!) from BitchBuzz.

You really should Pay Yourself First.

And, as an extra twist, purely if you feel like helping me out, can I get an opinion or two on these shoes? They've got a kind of Dries Van Noten vibe whilst being seemingly uber comfortable and great for every day wear with over-the-knee oatmeal socks, but I am in two minds, are they too clumpy?

I have a very exciting announcement to make next week. In fact, I'm tempted to spill the beans now... But I won't! Just promise to meet me here on Tuesday and I'll lovingly whisper it in your ear.

5 comments:

Leia said...

About the shoes... I vote 'no' based on the fact that I've seen a few examples of your style and I don't know quite how they would fit in! I would describe your style as quite romantic and feminine, and these shoes seem to have more of a grunge rock vibe. But if that's what you're after, then by all means get them! Make sure you're 100% sure, though, because you don't want even a hint of doubt if you're going to drop £80 on them.

Marie said...

Those shoes are... clumpy. But oddly nice.

Dee said...

Hmm the shoes could either bring a certain edginess to your style, and the brown color could make them a little bit more understated and "wearable"

Eternal*Voyageur @ Venusian*Glow said...

They'd work only with long legs in abpve-the-knee or skinny styles, otherwise they would be terrible clumpy.
Maybe you could find a slightly lighter version of them ?

I look at them again, and I must say it's the laces that makes them look so huge.

Voila Megan said...

I think I'm leaning towards a definite no on the shoe front... it's too much to spend on a risky buy! Thanks for all the input gals! ♥

Post a Comment