Saturday, 19 December 2009

The Saturday Salute 19.12.09


Image thanks to yyellowbird

 Christmas is almost here... Consider these links as early gifts from me to you.

I come across many pretty blogs but, if I'm honest, not so many with any real substance, and I'm a substance kind o'gal, I don't know about you. Well, Mermaid in a Manhole has substance in bucket-loads, from How to Survive a Negative Day to a genuine attempt at revolution (or two) - we most definitely heart her. When I abandon you due to a busy week (ahem, see: this week) I nominate her pad as the place to party in my absence.

Lisa Clark knows the right answer to the Does Pink Stink? debate.

Kelly Diels has Cleavage, and talks about Las Vegas. 

This is so right on. Dr Seuss' Oh! The Places You'll Go, I'm going to admit, pretty much made me who I am today. Forget the self-help section, the Seuss has it sussed:

"Out there things can happen and frequently do
to people as brainy and footsy as you.
And when things start to happen, don’t worry. Don’t stew.
Just go right along. You’ll start happening too."

Swoon city.

Lastly, I want to smooch on Temporary:Secretary more than is probably healthy, or within the realms of social etiquette. Don't judge me.

4 comments:

mariaik said...

Oh, the "negative day" one is fabulous! For those who want to kill zombies on the cheap - check out "Curse village" on armorgames.com.

Do you suppose there are really people in the world who haven't seen "Princess Bride" or "Young Frankenstein"? :-)

Sandra - If it comes in pink said...

Well, I guess my blog doesn't have that much substance in it, it's just very pink haha, because pink doesn't stink;)

Vanessa said...

I don't like pink that much, personally. I'm sure part of it is how I really resent it being a "girl" color and I've never liked to think of myself as a true girly girl. I got so mad when ads in the mall that read "OMG LILAC PSP!" Apparently it was for a deal-- aimed at girls-- to buy a lilac PSP that comes with a Hannah Montana game. I got so super pissed, me with my black DS, a girl who plays "boy" games just as much as I do "girl" games. I just found it really insulting that it was all "see? Video games are for girls because they come in LIGHT PURPLE!" Like a girl can't play a crappy Hannah Montana game on a REGULAR PSP? Please.

Ugh, ranted.

Megan said...

Mariaik - Thanks for the tip! I haven't seen 'Young Frankenstein' but I lurrrrrve 'Princess Bride' - such a cinematic gem!

Sandra - If we didn't have fun and frivlous, we wouldn't have substance now would we? Keep up the pink!

Vanessa - The worst thing is... it works! But, really, I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with making practical things colourful. I've got a pink laptop and I will openly admit I find it more fun to work on than I would a black one, I just find bright and colourful things more inspiring! But that's just me... :)

Post a Comment