Monday, 25 January 2010

Words to Live By #74 and #75


Image thanks to stevefaeembra

Okay, I didn't even realise I missed this last week which is how intensely focused on M.Y.L.A I have been! So here is a double whammy.

#74
“You must constantly ask yourself these questions: Who am I around? What are they doing to me? What have they got me reading? What have they got me saying? Where do they have me going? What do they have me thinking? And most important, what do they have me becoming? Then ask yourself the big question: Is that okay?”
Jim Rohn

#75
“You need to claim the events of your life to make yourself yours. When you truly possess all that you have been and done, which may take some time, you are fierce with reality.”
Florida Scott Maxwell

Hoping your Monday is treating you kindly,

5 comments:

perfectionishuman said...

#74 is what constantly goes through my head and often leads to over thinking and analysing too much. I think I shall stick to #75, thank you very much!

Neysa said...

#74 goes really well with the theme of reassessing friendships and relationships that seems to be pervading the bloggosphere in the last few weeks. I don't know about asking yourself constantly, but certainly every now and then!

Jodi said...

these are wonderful :)

Dee said...

I've been thinking about these things quite a lot! I love my friends, but sometimes I feel like, while I comply to the things they wanna do (which is basically go to mainstream clubs and listen to Top 40's), (or in my other friends case, she spends all of her time with her boyfriend. in their apartment. watching tv). They never go to art shows with me, or concerts, or anything that might be outside their comfort zone. And I'm tired. I want to surround myself with people that inspire me and don't make me feel like a freak for wanting to be creative. I've started to go to lectures and concerts by myself, or go to other parties with friends I might not have hung out with as much before.

Megan said...

Dee - That is a really common situation (it's also something I've experienced) and you're so brave for stepping out and demanding better for yourself! Keep it up! ♥

Post a Comment