Thursday, 11 February 2010

Lingerie on a Budget: 10 of the Prettiest

In light of Valentine's day, I thought I'd bring forward a little miniseries I've been scheming about for a while: lingerie on a budget! Today it is the prettiest, tomorrow, the most practical, and on Sunday, the sexiest ;)
- enjoy!


Clockwise from top left: 1. Light Blue Balconette Bra £30 Monsoon; 2. Frill Thong £3 Peacocks; 3. Pink Ruched Bra $8.80 Forever 21; 4. Seamed Satin Bralet $50 Topshop; 5. Embroidered Soft Bra $23 Journelle; 6. Lace Frill Knickers $8 Topshop; 7. Ruffled Shorts $38 Net-a-Porter; 8. Premium Frill Ribbon Knickers $12 Topshop; 9. Purple Contour Bra £22.50 John Lewis; 10. Lace Trim Shorts $35 Otte

I love the colours, styles and fits in this set - all you need to add is a silk robe, heeled slippers and perhaps a string of pearls!

Nifty, Pretty Lingerie Tips:


Always hand wash pretty lingerie, if you don't, you'll pay the price - lace will fray, elastic will wear, and the subtle shades will dull. It's worth five minutes out of your day, girlfriend!

♥ There's something utterly shabby-chic about pretty lingerie, so don't feel you always have to buy/wear it in precise sets - mix and match!

♥  Don't sacrifice comfort for pretty. Trust me, I've done it, and there's no point whatsoever in a gorgeous bra sitting unworn at the back of your underwear drawer because you can't stand wearing it. Always try on where possible, and be practical about what you'll actually get use out of.

♥  Pretty can be sexy too. Your fella will get as much of a kick out of subtle pastels as you do, as long as you feel good in what you're wearing. Don't think you can only be hot stuff in a red thong and nipple tassels because, if you're comfortable in your pretty lingerie, you'll be sexier than ever!

Do you have a penchant for the pretty? What's your favourite set like? Any underwear care tips to share with the group...? We'd love to hear about it!

7 comments:

Marie said...

If you absolutely must put delicate underwear in the washing machine use either a lingerie bag, or put them all inside a pillowcase. It'll stop them getting tangled or hooked on other clothes and hopefully stop them bashing against the side of the machine roughly.

On a little gripe note - I have a small back but large breasts (30E) and can rarely find anything really pretty that isn't thick straps and cups up to the collar bone. I'm lucky that La Senza makes their sizes a little bit small and I can get into a 32E comfortably there, but it's a huge upset for me!

Veronika said...

One of my favourite places for buying lingerie on budget is defo PRIMARK :) Prices of the lingerie are almost ridiculous and the underwear is gorgeous!

Harriet said...

I am an underwearaholic, and it's all about cheap good quality stuff for me - who really hand washes their knickers after all!

Jodi said...

great advice and those pieces are gorgeous :)

also, i'm having a photo contest! you could win a fisheye camera, locket ring, pride &prejudice, and a t-shirt! just enter a picture of your favorite adventure to http://tinyurl.com/ydl7zbz
i'd love it if you'd spread the word!

Rosie Unknown said...

I'm not so much into pastels, I prefer black or bright colours, but damn those are sweet!

Joanne Faith said...

I adore shabby-chic/vintage inspired lingerie. Particular those in muted browns, pinks and pastel.

I need to start hand washing my lingerie though. I'm so naughty about that...

Maria K. said...

Aww, these are SO cute. I am ashamed to say, but I don't have any playful lingerie. I seriously need to invest into some. :-)

Post a Comment