Thursday, 1 April 2010

Loving London and Philips Lumea


Okay... so I haven't been quite as well behaved a blogger as I could have been so far this easter holiday, but I've had some delightful distractions! On Monday I was whisked away (well, caught the Megabus) with my good friend Cai, to London. Even though we were disappointed by the rain, we managed to have a great day - and try an exciting new product too.



As you can see, we stopped by Liberty, bought a big ol'pretzel, and tried on ridiculous flower headbands - that's London for you. But that wasn't all, we also got to test out the new Philips Lumea, a home-use product that uses intense pulses of light to reduce hair growth. We were invited to The Soho Hotel where the addition of a cute, complimentary manicure and brownies made it a grand excursion. I'll be going back to continue using the product over an eight week period and will be feeding back on the results I see - here's hoping this is the end of shaving!

It really has been a week of freebies because, today, I got to be a model in a local hair salon and get a free do from a top Tigi stylist! I was asked to be 'open-minded' which worried me slightly... but it was great! He sat down and showed me some images and asked if there were any no-no's. I said I'd like to keep the length and that was all, and the result was a gorgeous, heavily layered style. I'm curious to see how effectively I'll be able to style it myself...


It's easter with my parents in Wales again this year, I can't believe it's been that long since last time. What are you all up to? Hopefully the sun will shine for some pictures in the garden. We're lucky to be having a day in a sumptuous local spa too, so I will tell you all about that. The next L2L podcast is still very much in the planning stage, but I will have it up early next week so not long to wait!

Love to all,

6 comments:

Eternal*Voyageur @ Venusian*Glow said...

Wow you´ve had a fantastic time ! I wish I could think up something interesting to do for Easter...

Zmaga said...

Your hair is beautiful!!

Have a great holiday!

Sandra - If it comes in pink said...

I wanna go there, what a cool house :D

Anonymous said...

Looks fab! So jealous!

Anonymous said...

what happened with the philips lumea? im interested in getting one.

Megan said...

Anon - I have my third session early next week and will be giving a full review after that!

Post a Comment