Saturday, 24 April 2010

The Saturday Salute 24.04.10

Image thanks to D Sharon Pruitt

It's the weekend! You know what that means (contrary to last week's absence...) - it's Salutin' time!

Please, please read this and watch the video, it will really open your eyes to what you eat and why.

You guessed it, another lovely blog: Pretty Shiny Sparkly.

What Nubby Twiglet learned during One Year of Freelancing. Such a wealth of experience there which has totally inspired me.

How to Find Happiness Without Shopping for It from Rowdy Kittens.

I recently discovered Notes from the Frugal Trenches and loved Inventing My Life Part One and Part Two. It's great hearing how people are proactively altering their own lives for the better.

Something for those seeking happily ever after...

Oh this is just too funny not to include, and strangely uplifting too.

Last week, during a day of rampant procrastination, I started a Sex and the City themed Facebook group titled 'I would have chosen Aidan'. So far, there is only one member other than me... So if you agree, to stop me looking like a total saddo, please join and invite your friends!

***And finally...Yes and Yes is offering a set of Karma Cards free to one Charade reader - trust me, you want them. Anyone who comments on this post will be entered, and I will announce the winner, chosen at random, on Monday. Good luck! ***

Enjoy the rest of your weekends honeybees,

20 comments:

Tracy said...

woo Karma Cards! and thanks for introducing me to Pretty Shiny Sparkly!

Ro said...

lovelyyy :)

kymm said...

Oh no! Its gonna take me SO long to read through all these links. Just watched the trailer for the single girl movie and it totally summed up how I was feeling!

Zmaga said...

Oooh, count me in for Karma cards!!

drovemychevy said...

oh yes to yes and yes :)

Madison said...

Pretty Shiny Sparkly looks like a fun blog. I'm excited to peruse it more. Also, Karma Cards! Much fun, much fun indeed. Thank you for all these great links, Megan :]

crunicorn said...

only just come across your blog and loving it!

Marthe said...

Oh, I love the Karma Cards idea! :)

Jodi said...

love it! thanks for the contest :)

Anonymous said...

It's Aidan ;)

Greta said...

Oh my god, why would you choose Aidan? He's so boring! I love love love Big. Yes, even though he's an asshole.

Alexandra said...

The Saturday Salute is the highlight of my week every week! Thank you for keeping it up. :)

Megan said...

crunicorn - Thanks for stopping by :)

Greta - I thought Aidan was lovely!

Anon - Oops, fail. Thanks for the heads up!

Katy said...

I'm trying to re-invent my life as well; make better choices every day, find more confidence, etc. I'm looking forward to reading the 'Inventing My Life' links. Thank you! =D

Hannah said...

The Karma cards are lovely!
And Aiden EVERY time for sure :D

Homebody said...

Thanks for offering the cards! I hope I win so I can share the joy.

kathryn said...

Thanks for another inspring collection of links Megan! The downshifting blog looks pretty interesting.

Heather Rae said...

Oh, how I love Saturday Salute. And I would love some Karma Cards.

Lolo said...

Some great links here! Very interesting.

Aminta said...

Karma Cardsssss!!!!!!!

Post a Comment