Tuesday, 18 May 2010

How to Host a Clothes Swapping Party


1. Get some cute people together.



2. Organise some baked goods.


3. ...cocktails optional but strongly encouraged (the above is equal measures of Baileys, Amaretto and Kahlua with grated chocolate!)


4. Arrange all the clothes people have brought with them around your room of choice (the more space the better), perhaps using a big box for accessories.

5. Make sure you have a mirror placed strategically for people to check themselves and their new threads out.


6. Let everyone mingle and try things on (warning: sugar and/or alcohol may produce a rather raucous crowd).

7. Once everyone has a bundle of things and the mood has settled, go around in a circle so that everyone can show what they picked up. At this point people are allowed to challenge one another for their goodies. Both challenger and challengee should try on the item again and the rest of the party vote for who works it/deserves it the most.


8. Re-fule with cake. (Icing with a piping bag is harder than it looks people.)


9. Everyone put on their favourite finds and have a photoshoot.

10. Go out and party.

...Well, that's how we did it anyhow! I seriously could not recommend this more, we all had such a blast and came away with some fabulous new things. It won't be long until the next one, I can tell you that for sure!

9 comments:

Maria at Bachman's Sparrow said...

I've hosted a few "swap my style" parties for my church and I love them! They hired me to be a style consultant, which I highly recommend for any clothing swap!

xoxo Maria

Harriet said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun, those cocktails look amazing! Did you get anything nice?

Zmaga said...

This sounds like fun!

Madison said...

This sounds like a serious party! I want to have one now, real bad. I'm glad it was a success, and I hope you post about your new finds!

Eternal*Voyageur @ Venusian*Glow said...

You actually baked, respect ! I made my guests bring the food, and just cut up some kiwis and pinapples.
That reminds me, I need to host a clothes swap soon !

Megan said...

Maria - Wow, that's impressive!

Harriet - I got a few good bits but I have to admit most of the other girls did a lot better. I think I was too laid back about it, next time it's no more Mr Nice Guy!

Madison - I just might!

Thanks for all the comments lovely ladies.

Alba said...

Wow this looks so much fun! And those cupcakes ... they leave me with no words woman, no words :o

xo

Rosie Unknown said...

Sounds like a great party! I wish I new girls who are the same size as me and who's clothing I don't already borrow :P

Michelle said...

I love the idea of doing a clothing swap, or really an anything swap. One man's trash, another man's treasure and all that. Too bad there aren't any larger scale plus-size swaps - at least not that I know about....

Post a Comment