Tuesday, 22 June 2010

Travelling Light

I thought you might like to know that, rather than simply prattling on, occasionally I do follow my own advice. Evidence? Ever since compiling my dream core wardrobe and suggesting you try doing the same, I've been acquiring some very in-keeping items which have come together wonderfully to form my capsule travelling wardrobe. Et voila:


This may not seem much to you, but to me it is a revelation. Having a bundle of clothes that all interact so well with each other that packing becomes a doddle is so freeing, and totally suits my lifestyle right now. You may note the pair of jeans and remember that I said not long ago I'd given up on them, but these are so sophisticated they just screamed European and I had to do it. 

Obviously I added a few more bits and bobs to what's above (I am going for over three weeks!) but not much: an extra t-shirt here, another cardigan there. The point is ease and practicality, whilst still being style-conscious, and, for me anyway, what I've packed has that all over it.

I hope this proves that if you set an idea in your mind, get a picture of it, and even share it with the world as I did, you'll be surprised how swiftly you can start to live up to it.

Did you take part in conjuring a core wardrobe? Has it helped streamline your recent fashion acquisitions?

11 comments:

The Glamourous Grad Student said...

Oooh it's all so pretty! I love posts like this, it's just so intriguing to see what other people pack or keep in their handbags and it's a bonus when it's all presented so beautifully.

Marthe said...

I'm spending 6 weeks in London this summer, so I really need to limit my suitcase weight and only take items I know I will wear and that fit together.

I think the challenge lies in taking enough clothes with me to avoid having to buy something I already have at home, but still don't take too much and leave room for shopping as well..

I'm leaving in just 10 days, so I better start to think about this soon!

Euforilla said...

I have very monochromatic clothes, so they usually match with no effort... but it's true: having an idea, putting it out so others can understand it and then sharing really really helps to figure things out and live up to your idea!

Plus I llllllllove the striped maxi tshirt!

Destiny said...

I have the beginnings of a core wardrobe that, admittedly, is mainly because I plan on moving to NYC next year and went on a mad dash to live as light as possible. So I got rid of EVERYTHING. Now I'm left with two pairs of pants, a ton of dresses I can't seem to part with, and maybe two decent shirts. I'm also trying to get in shape, so I'm attempting to hold myself back from purchases, knowing/hoping that they won't fit by the time I move. LOVE YOUR CORE WARDROBE. I hope mine can as "European" as yours eventually. =)

Rachael said...

Great idea, and lovely pieces. Where are the cream bow flats from?

Sadako said...

Your outfits look really good!

Vanessa said...

I love this because I actually feel like if I owned ONLY THOSE PIECES in my whole entire wardrobe, I'd be perfectly satisfied and always look cute. What a great little capsule!

Janna said...

Nice choices. I think I would substitute the floral for something lacy.

Kat said...

great post, fab choices.

Diana said...

Such a great color combo. Minimal is best.

Beth Ann said...

I have had this page saved in my favorites forever. lol Love this post! :)

Post a Comment