Tuesday, 28 September 2010

Drum Roll Please... The BIG 1001

Image thanks to wwworks

*Ting of random article of cutlery on glass*

*Clears throat awkwardly*

I have something to say, and those long-timers among you will know it’s not the first time, and the rest should be assured that it’s certainly not the last.

Thank you.

What’s brought on this gush of gratitude? Yesterday, my RSS subscriber count finally hopped over the ‘1000’ fence. 1001 RSS subscribers. You know, the itty bitty pink numbers in the sidebar?

IMPORTANT NOTE: I know it will more than likely jump back down again, if it hasn’t already by the time you read this, because that’s just how it seems to roll, but it is still indescribably momentous for me. And I have proof:


I’ve kept this blog for two years. Two whole years of my life, I can’t believe it! And I’m still surprised, and in awe, and just utterly bowled over most of the time, when I receive every new follower, in whatever format – Google Friend Connect, Bloglovin’, Facebook, email or RSS.

Some days, when I click the link to the blog of a follower, I literally think ‘wow, really?! She is following me?’ I genuinely think you are the most bad ass, hip-hopping, happenin’, swing-swayin’, sexiest bunch of gals around. And I don’t say that to just anybody.

So, the purpose of this post is just to say a hearty ‘Cheers!’ for being on board, for lurking in the webby-shadows, for leaving your input, for buying my stuff, and for emailing me delightful little messages and requests which always give me the distinct sensation of discovering a new friend I didn’t know I had (which ROCKS. You should try it). I know that the best way I can really thank you is to write consistent, interesting, lively, worthwhile articles that make you chant ‘gee!’ in a worldwide chorus, and you should know that that is always, always my aim (although I slip up a lot, like the slippery little sucker that I am).

With that in mind, I’m still working on my next L2L podcast, which is all about Personal Style (you'll love it!) and I plan to make it my best yet, so keep your ear to the street and your finger on the beat.

And, in case my point has not yet been made clear: YOU’RE ALL AMAZING!

5 comments:

Zmaga said...

Congratulations!

Vanessa said...

Very exciting, congrats!

Erica Lee said...

Yay! You deserve it. I love Charade!

Eternal*Voyageur @ Venusian*Glow said...

Awww ! Here´s to the 10001 mark !

Lolo said...

Congrats!!
Can't wait for the new podcast.
x

Post a Comment