Saturday, 4 September 2010

I've Flown the Nest...

Yes, my era of Erasmus has officially begun. I'm in Tarragona, Spain. You'll have to excuse my current absence from the site, there is a lot to do here! Finding a flat, setting up internet (which is proving difficult so far...), getting a Spanish phone, opening a bank account, and all of this before we even mention all the impending university classes and things I have to sort out there.

Don't doubt my love and devotion to you, just allow me to go of the grid for perhaps another week!

Take care of yourselves and check back for updates!

10 comments:

❤Cate❤ said...

Good luck in Spain, Tarragona is a lovely place i visited there a few years ago and really liked it xoxo

XOXO Lucy, Lou, Luc. said...

Oh my that sounds lovely! Be sure to go feel the "caƱa" experience in a good old bar ;) best thing to do there!

Sara said...

You're so brave and awesome! Take care and have fun! x

Ro said...

oooh good luck! ox

Zmaga said...

Good luck!

Molly said...

I just wanted to say that my friend did Erasmus last year (she was in Catalonia) and she says she had a lovely time, she loved the classes and the place but she found living their hard because no one would speak to her unless she spoke Catalan, which she found quite difficult when people would refuse to repeat themselves so she could understand!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it! Good luck with housing etcetc.

What will you be studying? My friend did a mixture of things (she was studying Creative Writing and English Literature while at Bath Spa), and she also did some teaching while she was there.

Vanessa said...

Good luck!

Aury said...

good luck dearest! And have fun!

Jacqui said...

That sounds awesome. Hope you enjoy it there :D Spain is a lovely place. What are you studying? x

Megan said...

Molly - I imagine I would have found it extremely difficult if it weren't for pairing up with another erasmus student from Bath Spa who grew up in Venezuela - she has been a complete blessing with helping to arrange our flat etc. I'm not sure I could have done it otherwise!

Molly and Jacqui - This semester I'm studying American Lit (which I'm loving), English Drama, 19th Century British Lit, Catalan and Spanish. A full timetable but an enjoyable one!

Post a Comment