Saturday, 9 October 2010

The Saturday Salute 09.10.10

Sunrise when my friends and I camped on the beach, or the 'cramping tip' as it is know known amongst us.

And the Saturday's just keep on rollin' around... Soon it will be my birthday again, then Christmas, New Year, and back to Spain for a razzle dazzle second semester. Phew-ee.

LINK TIME.

Our favourite positivity guru Sarah Von got her smooth-self published on Problogger with 5 Life Skills You Already Have That Can Make You a Great Blogger.

You can refuse to worry.

Aw...

Brave Maria tells the truth. I think most blogs could use a dose of that kind of honesty.

Finally, because you are my magical golden spider's web of worldwide friends, I have a question for you: as an English girl, do any of you know of any options for me to recieve funding/support or a scholarship to study at postgraduate level in the United States? As yet I only know of the Fulbright Commission and I'm on the hunt for other possibilities...

So, tonight I'm off on a zombie walk. What are your plans for the weekend?

2 comments:

D. said...

Great choices this week :)

Alexandra said...

The coordinator from my grad program just sent me this information, and although the deadline is Nov. 1, it might be something to keep in the back of your mind for *next* year. The States great, but don't forget about Canada. There are lots of really cool places to study here and we have some of the best universities in the world. Good luck!

Commonwealth Scholarship Plan – United Kingdom
Scholarships available for doctoral studies in any discipline:
• 12-36 months support toward a full-time doctoral program at an eligible UK university; in these guidelines, this is known as a doctoral award.
• 12 months support for research in the UK toward completion of a doctoral program at a Canadian university; this is known as a split-site doctoral award.
Deadline: November 1, 2010
For more information, visit: http://www.scholarships.gc.ca/CSPCdnUK-PBCCdnRoyaumeUni-Eng.aspx

Post a Comment