Saturday, 16 October 2010

The Saturday Salute 16.10.10

Image thanks to edvill

So, I'm stuck at home alone this weekend, with my friends swanning off to Valencia... My boyfriend was supposed to be visiting but, thanks to French air traffic control on strike, his flight was cancelled. BOO! But, when life throws you lemons, you make lemonade (also known as finally finishing my next podcast!)

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."
Ron White

In praise of women is richly, intensely AMAZING. Danielle, you never fail to satisfy my hunger for straight talking inspiration and encouragement.

A woman makes a cup of her heart. She carries your concerns and fears with you, for you. When your eyes fill up with teary news, so do hers. It happens with women you've known for years, with women you just met at the grocery store, in the ladies room, in a prayer circle. She carries your story with her. She mixes honey with it and re-tells it to you and helps you notice how great you're doing, in spite of everything, because of everything.

Be still my beating... I think that adding international shipping to this puts it way out of my price range just now, but a girl can dream.

Seth Godin looks at Heroes and Mentors.

Sheena Iyengar talks about the art of choosing. Long but totally worth watching to the end:



I never really appreciated John Legend until I saw this - that's one talented dude!



And, because I know you're interested, here's the big Lady G before she was famous:



And so it's head down, love on the page, audio dedication time for me! Have a great weekend all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment