Saturday, 18 December 2010

The Saturday Salute 16.12.10

Image thanks to D. Sharon Pruitt

ONE WEEK TIL CHRISTMAS! Can you tell I'm excited? All my exams are over. I'm going home for family games of Monopoly by the fire, boy snuggles, good vegetarian home cookin', my much-missed feather duvet, and, vitally, doing absolutely NOTHING, and loving it. As you read this, I am also in Madrid, which is pretty exciting too. Here are the links I've sniffed out and scooped up for you this week:

Sarah Wilson spreads the joy of Oprah with Live Your Life on Purpose.

This week I had to do a presentation and, two nights before, I hit a wall. "I can't do this" I was thinking to myself, before plotting ways to get out of it. Then, in a few minutes of Facebook study relief, my good friend Robbie started a chat with me. I told him how much I was struggling, and he gave me the best pep-talk ever. He also sent me the link to this video. It was wonderfully cheesy but totally worked, and I got through the presentation no problem. What a legend.

Thirty Books Everyone Should Read Before They're Thirty. How many have you read? I got nine (and a half). (And P.S. I don't really know why you should read them before you're thirty... just read them.)


Have a splendiferous last weekend before Christmas. And stay cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment