Saturday, 1 January 2011

The Saturday Salute 01.01.2011

 yes, that would be me with a pint. I'm just classy that way.

Happy New Year my twinkling troop of trailblazers! And how are you? How was your Christmas? Your NYE festivities? I'm all over the place right now, read: Spain - England - Wales, and back again. Nevertheless, I'm putting all my energy into spicing up the blog and blowing your minds with bucket-loads of wholesome content in the next twelve months.

If you're new to Charade, The Saturday Salute is a weekly spot where I give a nod to the websites, articles, shops and blogs that have caught my attention and, I think, are worthy of sharing. So, without further ado, let us start the year off right with a neat little list of lipsmacking links, shall we?

// Seriously-sorted Sally of Already Pretty fame has Some Thoughts on Style Blogging and Apparent Perfection:

"No blogger reveals her whole self to her readership. Not even me. ...Reading someone’s blog gives you access to a tiny sliver of her life, the sliver she has chosen to share. And filtering out the bad stuff is her prerogative, as is focusing on triumphs, prized skills, amazing photos, best outfits, and cool new purchases."

// I can't wait to have a go at the 'clean sweep' assessment

"The Clean Sweep Program is a checklist of 100 items which, when completed, give one complete personal freedom. These 100 items are grouped in 4 areas of life with 25 in each group: Physical Environment, Well-being, Money and Relationships. These 4 areas are the cornerstone for a strong and healthy life and the program helps a person to clean up, restore and polish virtually every aspect of his/her life. The program takes between 6 - 24 months to complete."

// My newest career-crush, Martha Beck, says Live Like a Lion, Love!

// Jovial Charade-reader, Jodi, gives a shout-out to CouchSurfing.org and I have to second it! I recently had my first experience of surfing in Madrid and it was brilliant. Plus, her blog is looking sha-weet, so go show her some adventurous enthusiasm.

// Like A Vegan is a sexy site for those superhero animal-product-avoiders among you. 

I hope your January 1st 2011 is bringing everything you'd hoped for. Besos! (that means 'kisses' in Spanish).

4 comments:

D. said...

Happy holidays, Megan!

LauraCassidy said...

Happy New Year Megan!

You look gorgeous in that photo, love your dress!

Jess said...

Can you PLEASE do a whole post on your experience couch surfing? I want to do it this summer in Europe but am a little nervous!

Megan said...

Jess - Okay!

Post a Comment