Saturday, 8 January 2011

The Saturday Salute 08.01.11

Image thanks to danielle

One week down, fifty one to go! Not that I'm wishing them away, I'm actually willing this year to go by s-l-o-w-l-y, though I have the distinct sensation that this will not be the case. I'm at the family home in the Welsh countryside again this weekend, which tends to slow life down a little at least. How is the year feeling for you so far - speedy or sure and steady? Whatever the case, hopefully these links will provide a welcomed moment of distraction!

// Freelance Students looks like a great site if you're looking for some work experience whilst still at university.

// 21 Habits of Happy People is a good reminder.

// I love this story! Reminds me how simple writing can be, and still be really great.

// The 100 Most Influential Books Ever Written. Better start reading now then!

// My friend gave me The XX's album for Christmas and I can't get enough. Islands would be my favourite.

Have an entirely lovely weekend!

2 comments:

Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...

Megan, are you familiar with Welsh singer/songwriter Martyn Joseph? I live in northern California and he performed here numerous times in the last decade; I find him to be the Best of this time. He has a Facebook page, he’s on youtube, his site Martynjoseph.com will tell you everything you ever wanted to know. I love him and have seen him half a dozen times and wouldn’t miss a local concert for anything.

Katie Michelle said...

Crystalised is my favorite song by The XX :-)

Post a Comment