Thursday, 24 March 2011

Let yourself cave in – you can rebuild yourself better

Image thanks to horia varlan

Sometimes, when we feel on the brink of a ‘breakdown’ or emotional crisis, it can be natural to resist; to battle against the wave of pain that threatens to break us entirely.

When feeling like this recently – and also acutely aware that my life was changing in a dramatic way – I realised that perhaps it was okay if I collapsed; caved-in; crumbled – because then I’d have the opportunity to rebuild. And perhaps rebuilding was the exact thing I needed.

That negative emotion, that feeling of having nothing left, that tension of being back on the proverbial square one – why can’t we see it as an opportunity to clear the decks for new, positive emotion; to fill the ‘nothingness’ gap that has been left in our lives, and enjoy a chance to begin ourselves again?

If you let yourself fall apart, you gain a little control back – you stop fighting against the world, and start flowing with it. Let the pieces of yourself be revealed, let them scatter like the parts of a puzzle, then pick them back up, and put yourself together again, even better than before.

3 comments:

Merry said...

Just what I needed to hear! :D

Leslie said...

Your blog post on emotional crisis + this one are perfect. Thank you so much for posting :)

LauraCassidy said...

Gosh, this is exactly what I'm feeling at the moment. I was just thinking the other day that I feel very hollow, but I'm going to take your advice and see it as an opportunity to rebuild! Thanks for the inspiration x

Post a Comment