Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Featured: Find Graduate Jobs with Gumtree.com!

Image thanks to shandi-lee

Deadlines are mounting, caps and gowns are being booked, graduation beckons and - by Jove - the "real world" is almost upon us! If you're anything like me, the end of your degree has come around far too quickly, and you're reluctant to get thrown into the cut-throat world of graduate job-seeking. I hear you.

Searching for jobs can be a real headache, this is already obvious to me, and I've barely dipped a toe into the reality of finding a job as a graduate. Luckily, there is one resource that makes the whole process a little more bearable. Whether I'm browsing for a job, a flat, a second-hand car (I am hoping to avoid such a purchase, but needs must!) my fail-safe go-to for a bit of scope on the market is always Gumtree.com

If you haven't heard of Gumtree, let me give you the lowdown. They have listings for most of the major UK cities, including London, of course, and my hometown of Bristol. You can narrow jobs to specific fields, such as fashion jobs in London, as well as particular areas within your city of choice, and you can filter part-time, full-time or temporary.

What I like best about Gumtree is that, not only do the big company's make use of it, it's also a great place to find positions at smaller, independent employers. Gumtree also have stacks of internships and placements advertised, as well as one-time gigs and freelance work.

Go and have a look today and see what job you discover!

"My father always told me, find a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life." 
Jim Fox

For more on careers:

// See my Design Your Own Career series on Miseducated (click the links for the different parts.)

// Or, How to Ace Your Job Interview

Happy job-hunting!

3 comments:

Becca said...

Great post, thanks!

Girly Notes said...

very nice blog.. and I really like your job interview article :)

http://girlynote.blogspot.com

Vanessa said...

This comes at exactly the right time! I'd also recommend Indeed.com for anyone looking for jobs-- it's basically amazing, sort of a Google of job directories. I know that's vague but try it!

Post a Comment