Saturday, 13 August 2011

The Saturday Salute 13.08.11

Image thanks to cari

Hello and good afternoon Saturday Salutettes! What a week it has been... Sadly, our family dog and much loved companion, Ben, had to be put down. The whole thing was very reminiscent of Marley and Me, but I've tried to console myself with images of him galloping about and eating all the doggy-treats he likes in the great kennel in the sky! Goodbye Benny, you will always be missed.

In other, less tragic, news: I've been working day and evening on the Ambitious Happiness eCourse - I can't wait to share more with you (and I will be tomorrow, if you're on the priority email list). I've also applied for a job I really want (/need) today - so cross everything for me!

But we all know why we're here. Shall we?

// Sarah just watched Gone with the Wind. One of my favourite books, and the film ain't bad either!

// I love these Happiness Posters from Action for Happiness.

// Okay, so mostly I'm pretty content with my new single life, but then I come across things like this Vintage Engagement Shoot... sigh! Swoon!

// If my weekly salute doesn't satisfy your linky-needs, Yum & Yuk has more great links than you could shake a stick at.

// How to Look Hot in a Photo from dangerously career-driven Danielle LaPorte.

// I've kept entirely out of the UK riots, being that I'm living in North-West Wales. However, I did come across this quote which I think says a lot:

"What is happening to our young people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. They ignore the law. They riot in the streets inflamed with wild notions. Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?" — Plato, 4th Century BC

// I also loved this article on how Twitter was used positively in response to the rioting.



I hope you are having a lovely weekend. If you have a family pet, be sure to give them an appreciative stroke.

3 comments:

fullheartedlife said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your dog. :(
Thanks for the amazing links!

rainwalking said...

thank you for that quote from Plato. I've been really struggling with getting my head around the riots & the damage in my town

Megan said...

rainwalking - I'm sad to hear you've been directly affected by the rioting, I hope there has been a positive community 'clean-up' response like there has been in parts of London?

Post a Comment