Saturday, 20 August 2011

The Saturday Salute 20.08.11

Image thanks to yvette

I'M MOVING INTO MY VERY OWN FLAT TODAY! Gah. I am so excited. I got the keys yesterday and moved some things in, but tonight will be my first official night of living there. My cousin will be taking the second bedroom in a week or so, but I'm slightly petrified of the first few nights as I've never lived alone before. However, I think the things that scare us are often the things most worth doing - so I'm biting the bullet!

I'll be putting up pictures of the moving chaos for you tomorrow in a new feature 'A Peek at the Week' but for now, the links!

// What Katie Does = beautiful blog you won't be able to get enough of. Just look at her photos of London.

// I also love La Poubelle Verte and the topics she writes about. I thought her piece on 'Just Say No to Shaving' was particularly enlightening - though I have to say I still feel quite attached to my razor! It might take a little while for me to shrug off such a cultural norm. 



// These oreo stuffed cookies look like they should be illegal - too good!

I'll see you back here tomorrow, that is if I manage to find internet at some kindly establishment.

4 comments:

Elimy said...

GOOD LUCK! I want to see pictures of how you decorate it, I bet it will be amazing.

Morag Lee said...

Oh wow that is one amazing layout on "What Katie Does".

I am about to move into a new flat which I will be living in completely alone and I CANNOT wait. The first night I was there (I am currently between parents and flat right now) was pretty weird but also so relaxing! Hope you enjoy your peace before you're cousin moves in. :) x

shabby said...

Hello girly, just wanted to say hi and thank you for featuring me here. It reinforces why I write online and restores a bit of confidence that I'd been lacking. Good to know people are actually reading! :] Your blog is beautiful and I look forward to delving into it further!

Megan said...

Elimy + Morag - thanks girls!

shabby - Hi back! And you are most, most welcome. I'm glad it gave you a little confidence boost, I know that I sure need those a lot of the time!

Post a Comment