Sunday, 18 December 2011

A Peek at the Week: Feeling Blue


Nearly-bare trees, a sweet outfit and even sweeter treats!

I don't know if it was the colour choice of my get-up today, but despite starting the day in high spirits I'm feeling a little bit down this evening. I think sometimes the hype of Christmas can impose a sort of forced cheeriness that can actually be oddly depressing - do you know what I mean?! Also, my washing machine has broken for the second time in less than four months and I just can deal with more days waiting in for elusive tradesmen! Sigh. I think the remedy might be a mug of tea (always) and an early night with a good book...

I'm wearing:

Cardigan ♥ H&M
Dress ♥ H&M (charity shop find)
Beret ♥ Vintage
Necklace ♥ an old favourite, from A-Wear


And a reminder to myself of how I started the day - chirpy! I hope you had a lovely pre-Christmas weekend.

5 comments:

Joisey Dani said...

That choice blue looks stunning against your fair skin!


XOXO,
Danielle
itisajoiseywayofthinking.blogspot.com

Elimy said...

Dearest, darling Megan. I hope that your bad day turns into a happy one as soon as possible because you of all people deserve to be happy always. Your blog sends positivity out into the world and that is unbelievably important.

So Merry Christmas and all that!

From your friend Elimy in Australia who loves your rocking horse necklace.

Megan said...

Dani - I think it's definitely a colour I don't wear enough! I tend to opt for creams and beiges but they really don't do much for me... need to learn the lesson!

Elimy - Thank you sweet girl! A very Merry Christmas to you too ♥ ♥

crunicorn said...

I've just bought your happiness course so you can't be blue!!

Megan said...

crunicorn - haha! very true, at least you know I have practice in what I preach :) It's not feeling blue that defines you, it's how good you are at snapping back!

Please let me know what you think of the course ♥

Post a Comment