Saturday, 21 April 2012

The Saturday Salute 21.04.2012

This is the view from my friend's roof... (!)

Another quiet week on the blog, but I'm sure if you're a some-time follower you'll know that means I've been having lots of fun!  I've hopped around to Brooklyn and Jersey, made several new friends, strolled in the sunshine, driven beside the city sky line at night, clambered rocks at midnight and seen a racoon up close. I've gotten addicted to Starbucks' iced vanilla soy lattes, been introduced to the American pitcher of beer, eaten a $1 pizza slice, gone vintage shopping and much more...

I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed in myself for not getting a writing schedule together, I'm sure you'll understand that I'm finding it tricky to strike a balance between working and playing in this crazy city...! I want to find a way to continue having all these great experiences whilst using my time without a 'real' job to write up a storm! Any tips?! Leave'em in the comments, I need you!

// Lovely reader Amber who sponsored Charade a little while back has a lovely new look on her lovely blog (lots of lovely.)


// I must have these bedside tables, on wheels. Big love. (The wallpaper is also something to behold - I'm thinking of papering my bedroom on my return to Bristol...!)

// Leo discusses doing what you love.
"That’s the amazing realization here: that we rule out the possibility of great change, because it doesn’t seem realistic. For nearly two decades I focused on going to college, and working at a day job that I sometimes enjoyed but often dreaded, because that’s what we expect should happen. Starting my own business, pursuing my dreams, doing something I loved? Crazy talk."
// Watch this and love it. The final quote is just...wow.


I hope your weekend is feeling miraculous and magical!

5 comments:

THE-LOUDMOUTH said...

Sounds like you're having SO much fun on your travels! That's an amazing view!

Amber-Rose Thomas said...

Ooh wowee! Thank you. I'm glad you like it.

Also as for this tips or making the post of things, are you keeping a schedule? I always get waaay more done if I have a writing schedule. Also if you schedule yourself free time, you can then go and do/see whatever you fancy that day so you keep some spontaneity.

Anywaaays, glad you're having an awesome time, and will we get to see some of this writing when you get back? :)

<3

PelirrojaBiu said...

Glad you're enjoying it!

Anonymous said...

Keep "office hours". Or the 3 hour/day rule. First 3 hours of the day are writing. Once you get that done, the rest is yours.

Keep a log. Helps you figure out where you're going right/wrong, and keeps you honest.

Set clear, concrete goals. Draft of the article. Outline of the book. Read X, Y, Z. "I'm going to write!" won't get it done.

Good luck! And welcome :)

Eternal*Voyageur said...

Glad to know you're having a great time! When will you be going back to Bristol?

Post a Comment