Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Change-Catalysts, Al Green, and the Call to Create BETTER

Image thanks to danielle 

So the sh*t hit the fan. 

You got bust up; broken down. Unexpected setbacks. Forks in the road. Maybe you lost someone, maybe something; either way the game is changed irreparably. You didn't see it coming. You never do. But the question you face is always the same: 

What now? 

You can be defeated or ever more determined. When the aftershock from the earthquake subsides, you choose what you do with the newly levelled playing field. 

And on that note, friends & loves, I am launching a brand new blog. 

With the recent burglary of my laptop and back-up went all of my old Charade files; reams of schemes and ideas that, honestly, had been weighing me down. I've toyed with the idea of launching a-fresh for a long while. Looks like the universe has given me one of those classic, kick-up-the-ass signals to get the hell on with it

In August, Charade will be four years old. Guys, our baby is all grown up! But the ethos with which I started this blog has altered, and by clinging onto the old format I haven't been able to move forward in the way I've wanted. And so we're going all guns blazing into a brighter future, on a brand new piece of web-land. 


"Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation." 
Elizabeth Gilbert 

I'm using the setback to create a better kind of blog for you, and for my own growth. The new site will incorporate all the goodness I know you love about Charade, just in a spankier package that I hope will better reflect where I am in my life now. 

*I'm committing to bigger, more in-depth, more helpful articles. 
*I'm committing to more core content and less fluff. 
*I'm committing to more ebooks and podcasts which I know you've been hankering after. 

Are you coming along for the ride?! 

BE THE FIRST TO KNOW, YO.

The site isn't ready to launch, so the name and such is all very hush hush and top secret (ooer!) but you are all welcome into the loop, just give me your email address below and you'll get all the insider info, including the launch date. And in August we'll be busting a new kind of groove together. I can't wait.

**IMPORTANT: You'll be emailed a link which you'll need to click on to confirm your subscription. It might go to junk mail so don't forget to check there too! 

THANK YOU for four years of being the best audience a girl could hope for. I mean it.

And, baby, LET'S STAY TOGETHER! Because, in Al's words, lovin' you forever is what I neeeeeeed.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...am looking forward to the new blog but I don't think you post fluff!

Mandy said...

I'm excited to see what you come up with!

Claire Rudkins said...

I agree, I don't think you post fluff either!

Amber-Rose Thomas said...

Ooh, exciting Megan!
I knew you'd land on your feet. :)

xo

Elimy said...

What will happen to this blog though... I'll miss it!

Julia D. said...

So excited for you, Megan! Sometimes forced endings create the best beginnings. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Will you be letting us know on here when it is up and running?

studentspyglass.com said...

Sorry about your laptop etc Megan, but I'm so excited to see the new blog and how things go from here.

I've been a charade follower for a while now - it was your Ultimate Geeks guide to Fashion budgeting that made me a true, dedicated convert!

I've signed up to for the announcement email and can't wait to see the end results - I know it'll be awesome, your content always is!

Rachelia (Bookish Comforts) said...

I'm excited to see what your new blog has in store, although it's unfortunate that your laptop, etc. had to be stolen :(

I hope Charade will still remain here on the web, I love browsing the archives!!

Post a Comment