Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Words to Live By #197 (and Sad News)

Image thanks to cari ann

"The peace that we are looking for is not peace that crumbles as soon as there is difficulty or chaos. Whether we’re seeking inner peace or global peace or a combination of the two, the way to experience it is to build on the foundation of unconditional openness to all that arises. Peace isn’t an experience free of challenges, free of rough and smooth, it’s an experience that’s expansive enough to include all that arises without feeling threatened." 
Pema Chodron 

As some of you may have seen on the Charade Facebook page, on Friday my flat was broken into. Among the items stolen were my laptop, my back-up hard-drive, and my Nikon D40; in other words: my blogging kit! Hence the weekend silence. 

Thousands of my photos, document after document of my creative writing, and stacks of blog-scheming are now gone forever. Whilst this is a sad loss, I'm looking to the positive of having somewhat of a 'fresh start' without being distracted or hampered by all the half-started articles I was drowning in.

Please excuse what will likely be a sporadic posting schedule over the next few weeks, and perhaps even a full-on blog hiatus whilst I plot my next steps, I'll keep you all informed!

Megan x

12 comments:

Amber-Rose Thomas said...

A full on blog hiatus?!
Dear god no. :(

Amber xo

Louise KM said...

Oh no! So awful to have your personal space invaded and your things stolen, still it is great that you are remaining positive about it. Louise xo

Anonymous said...

That's terrible! Hope you're all right, I know how frustrating having things stolen can be, absolutely horrible :(

LauraCassidy said...

Oh no Megan, I'm so sorry to hear that :( *hugs*

Laura x

Melissa Wellham said...

That is so tragic! All the best. xx

Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...

Oh man, I hate that feeling of violation that comes with these types of incidents. I hope your blogging hiatus does you a world of good. I am very sorry for your losses.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, that's sounds horrible! The only good thing is that at least you're fine, you could have been attacked or something! So sorry to hear that. I wish the worst to whoever did it!

Julia D. said...

I'm so sorry, Megan. I'm lucky enough never to have experienced something like that first-hand, but I can imagine how difficult it is. It's amazing that you are able to have such a positive outlook on the situation, even so soon after it happened-definitely the embodiment of what that quote means! Best of luck!

Christina Marie said...

I'm so sorry! Glad to hear you're still being positive. (: Hope it all works out!

xx
www.naturally-christina.blogspot.com

fisheyedglam said...

I'm so sorry that happened to you! I was robbed 2 years ago (the night we moved in we couldn't stay there, someone moved ALL of our packed stuff out) and it was devastating. I couldn't afford any new tech stuff like laptop, camera, etc and freaked. BUT it turned into a much needed fresh start :) I'm glad you see it that way because I didn't at first and it turns out maybe it was for the better. I got a new view and started blank.
Best of luck. I hope this turns out good for you too...

Anonymous said...

Do not grieve: what you lose comes around in another form :)

Scott Laudati said...

Come back soon!

Post a Comment