Friday, 12 December 2008

Getting the Most From Your Winter Basics: Chunky Knits

Welcome to the third part in my Winter Basics series, I hope you've enjoyed my ideas on wearing The Sweater and The Skinny Jeans. Now we're moving on to what winter is all about - Chunky Knits! They come in many forms and I've thrown together a few looks that are really easily achieved with this winter basic.

Hey, haven't you heard? Retro prints are so in right now. Raid your grandad's wardrobe for some sought-after, seasoned style.

Product Information

Mix and match your solid knits with floaty slips and delicate lace to achieve a stunning contrast.

Think the poncho is well and truly dead? Why not resurrect it?! I'm serious, they're warm, retro and cover all manner of sins. Hark back to the 70's with fringed boots and high-waisted jeans.

Product Information

Go girly with a jumper dress layered over long sleeves and leggings, complimented by the perfect pair of mittens.

Knits aren't just about keeping warm; it's easy to go glam. Make like an off duty celeb and pair a chunky cardigan with sunglasses and a flashy bag.
Product Information

Rediscover knit styles you thought you'd left behind forever like leg warmers and bobble hats.

Knits make for real preppy potential. Adorn an old school sweater vest and team it with a pleated skirt and woolly tights.

Product Information



6 comments:

Ali said...

I love the tirth jumper in the first picture and the boots in the tirth
love your ideas!
xxx

Jackie said...

I'm loving those retro printed sweaters. I'd love to get my hands on one. I've been dropping hits to my mother, so maybe I'll get one for Christmas. *crosses fingers*

Voila Megan said...

Thanks Ali, thanks Jackie!

Claire said...

The preppy look is awesome - the skirt is so cute!!

sandraaa_xo said...

i love this whole post.
deffo going to try some ideas!

bellefantaisie.net said...

lovely ideas, i love the big grey one with sunglasses!
x

Post a Comment